And just like that - fall is upon us...
Pumpkin flavored treats, leaves starting to tumble to the ground and Keep It Local Cleveland cannot contain our excitement for this autumnal season! Indian summers in Cleveland give way to fall but it seems like we blink and it’s over. So we want to prepare you for your favorite fall things…coffee, doughnuts and cupcakes, beers and ciders, sweaters and boots. Keep reading to learn about “must attend” events and “must sample” goodies right here in Cleveland. And, being the great foodie town Cleveland is, stop by happy hours and local gatherings where you can cheer on our Cleveland Browns. Ready, set, gooooooooo – time to celebrate fall!
Seasonal brews featured at Common Grounds & Solstice Roasters and Distributions
Check out some of these seasonal brews to better start your morning: The Caramel Apple coffee and Pumpkin Frappe at Common Grounds in WestPark – or – stop at Solstice Roasters and Distributions, in downtown Cleveland, for their signature DTO blend.
Everything feels better with coffee! Heading to work, reading a book, walking a dog, and even drawing. Coffee turns doing nothing into pure poetry. The first thing you think about in the morning and it’s so versatile – innumerable varieties of flavors and ways to make it. Coffee is all about comfort and coziness. Coffee is trendy! Oh yes – think of the countless women posing with cups of fresh coffee on Instagram this fall. Moreover, there is nothing like a cup of coffee to warm up your soul and start your day right!
Seasonal Sweets at the Cute Little Cake Shop
As the great chef, Gail Simmons of the Food Network, once said, “There is no better way to bring people together than through an amazing dessert”. Therefore, we are about to advise you how to have an amazing gathering: visit the Cute Little Cake Shop in Strongsville! Capture the flavors of autumn in these delicious seasonal sweets. With pumpkins and apples all ripe for picking, fall is a perfect time to make some festive treats.
Currently featured –
- Vanilla Fall Sprinkles: vanilla cake, mixed with vanilla frosting and fall-colored sprinkles, coated in white chocolate, and topped with fall colored chocolate drizzles and sprinkles
- Apple Crisp: apple cake ball, coated in white chocolate, topped with apple crisp coating, and a white chocolate drizzle
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese: pumpkin cake, mixed with cream cheese frosting, coated in white chocolate, topped with orange chocolate drizzles and sugars
- Snickerdoodle: snickerdoodle cake ball, coated in white chocolate and topped with the white chocolate drizzles and crushed snickerdoodle cookies
- Toffee Bar: toffee bar cake ball, coated in milk chocolate, topped with milk chocolate drizzles and crushed toffee bar
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip: pumpkin cake ball, mixed with chocolate chips, coated in milk chocolate, topped with orange chocolate drizzles and more chocolate chips
Seasonal Brews at Willoughby Brewing Company & Forest City Brewery
Ready, set, HIKE!!!!! Just as Fall has arrived, so has tailgating season. You are busting out the warmer layers, cornhole, cooler and the travel size grill for the brats. All you need are the beers and you can spend the weekend tailgating and watching football. And while you automatically change up your wardrobe and your social calendar for the season, there’s absolutely no reason you shouldn’t be changing up your beer choice as well. Stop by Willoughby Brewing Company and Forest City Brewery!
Willoughby Brewing Company –
Pumpkin Ale: an absolute classic. 225lbs of pumpkin add to a creamy body mixed with subtle hints of pumpkin spice! This beer has been called pumpkin pie in a glass.
Dirndl Dropper Oktoberfest: A Fall lager, this Oktoberfest is smooth, malty and perfect for enjoying the changing seasons.
Forest City Brewery –
Kurbisleichen Pumpkin Ale: the perfect autumn beer! A full-bodied seasonal brew with pumpkin sweetness and aromatic notes of allspice, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Brewed with German Pale and Dark Munich malts creating nice deep, rich color profile.
Fall Events in Cleveland, Ohio
While the days may still feel warm, the nights have begun to cool off to the perfect temperature for patio dining, a fall tour in the Warehouse District, and pumpkin carving in the Beer Garden. October is full of exciting events for everyone, from craft beer enthusiasts to the traveling music festival-goers and kiddos looking for some fun in The Square.
Fall Tour in the Warehouse District
Experience the Warehouse District historical residential buildings and get an exclusive look inside neighborhood homes with panoramic views of the lake and the skyline. At each location, you’ll enjoy delicious food tastings paired with beers and wine. The event kicks off at 5:15pm on Thursday, October 25th. Click HERE for more details!
The Great Kurbisleichen III
The 3rd annual Pumpkin Carving event held at Beer Garden. Proceeds from this event benefit the You Can You Will foundation. Ticket price includes a pumpkin and an entry into the Pumpkin Carving contest. Prizes for top pumpkin in several categories! Kurbisleichen Pumpkin Ale will be on tap and the legendary Giant Pumpkins of Duck Island will be on display in the Beer Garden. This event is on Sunday, October 21st at 2pm. Click HERE for more details!
Shop Cleveland Market
An INDOOR Market with Cleveland’s premier local shops and boutiques. Featuring home decor, art, jewelry, apparel, beauty, food, a good time and so much more! Grab a friend for some coffee, crepes and shopping! This event is being held at Crocker Park on October 27th at 10am to 5pm. Click HERE for more information.
Oktoberfest – A German/Eastern European Night
Stop by this 100% certified Gluten Free Warrensville Heights destination and enjoy Fall as it unfolds on your taste buds – you will not be disappointed. They have been preparing for Oktoberfest – a German / Eastern European Night on October 19th from 5:30pm to 9:00pm. Some things you should try: apple strudel slice, pumpkin spice latte, german chocolate cupcake, dobos torte piece, schnitzel and much more! Click HERE for more information.
Football season is here! If you’re a football family, you’re ready for tailgating on the weekends with friends. Football, friends and yummy food go hand in hand! You can’t watch the game without some delicious treats! We have found Cleveland’s go-to spot for a Cleveland Browns pregame with killer deals and great snacks to munch on, Flat Iron Cafe!
FLAT IRON CAFE
Happy Hour – Monday thru Friday 3pm-6pm
$1 OFF domestic bottled, draft beers and well liquor
Cleveland Browns Pregame – $13 bucket of 5 beers and a FREE shuttle to First Energy Stadium
Let the drooling commence! You know the drill, the leaves start to change colors, the weather gets a little colder, and our appetites change from grilled burgers and ice cream to foods that warm and comfort us. Feed that urge with these seasonal dishes. Hearty and savory options at Melt Bar & Grilled. As well as, farmed to table certified gluten free options at Cafe Avalaun.
Melt Bar & Grilled
- Parmageddon (grilled cheese): potato and onion pierogi, fresh made vodka kraut, sautéed onions, sharp cheddar
- Parmageddonator (grilled cheese) grilled kielbasa sausage, potato and onion pierogi, fresh made vodka kraut, sautéed onions, sharp cheddar
- Melt Pierogi: Ohio produced potato and onion pierogi, sautéed onions, fresh made vodka kraut, shredded cheddar and sour cream
- Braised Pork – Bragg’s Apple Cider Braised Pork: pork butt pulled in it’s own juices served atop a heaping portion of clever cauliflower faux rice and lemon-garlic roasted veggies
- Ground Beef Stuffed Cabbage and Tomato Stew
- Apple Cider BBQ Pulled Pork: also served with braised greens and bacon-jalapeno cauliflower “biscuits”
Thanks for reading!
See you back here soon for more tips and tricks for Halloween!