Cheers to 2019! Time to get started on those resolutions!
It’s 2019!! We have an opportunity to make ourselves and Cleveland the best they’ve ever been this year and we at Keep It Local are here to help you do it. It’s all about adopting a can-do attitude and chipping away at our goals little by little. Did you know that out of the almost 180 million people that make resolutions in the United States, only eight percent actually accomplish their resolution? This year, we’re challenging you to accomplish your goals because it will not only benefit you but also your friends, family, and the Cleveland community!! We know that a year is a long time to stay devoted but we are here to help you make realistic resolutions, stay on track, and most importantly, help you be the best person you can be. To the New Year and a New You!
Leave Procrastination in 2018!
Let’s get things done in 2019! It’s time to get rid of the “I’ll do it tomorrow”’ mentality. We’re leaving procrastination in 2018 to ensure that the end of 2019 will be exactly what we want. It’s time to get sh*t done! #NoProcrastinationIn2019
Read More Books!
As Cleveland natives, we all have seen the building along 90 that says, ‘Read More Books’, – well people it’s time to do it! The stress that builds up from work, at home and day to day tasks all seems to fade away when you pick up that perfect book. Reading gives you life lessons and tidbits of useful information that could come in handy! For example, the more you read, the more words you’ll, and they’ll inevitably make their way into your everyday vocabulary impressing both your friends and family as well as yourself. #ReadMoreBooks2019
Pick up a Hobby!
It’s time to stay busy! Let’s find your true passion in 2019. Having a hobby builds confidence! Being good at something and learning something new is especially rewarding. Hobbies that require some level of physical activity also create chemical changes in our bodies that help reduce stress. Having a hobby allows you to stay present and in the zone, this calms the nerves and creates a sense of well-being. #FindYourHobby2019
Be More Grateful!
2019 is the year to be grateful, to find something to be appreciative of every day. Increasing our gratitude can help us in various ways. Gratitude increases the quality of our sleep, decreases the time it takes to fall asleep and allows us to sleep longer. Having a more appreciative view of life relieves stress, reduces anxiety/depression, increases your energy, and increases brain activity. It’s time to be grateful for each and every day we have on this earth. #BeMoreGrateful2019
Be Kinder to Yourself!
You may not be able to control how kind other people are to you, but you can always control how kind you are to yourself. Give yourself the benefit of the doubt and make each day better than the last. #BeKindToYourself2019
Volunteering is good for our health. It improves psychological and physical health. Volunteering allows the personal sense of accomplishment while at the same time giving us the opportunity to make our community a better place. Each of us should be willing to offer our own time and expect nothing in return. Our great city of Cleveland gives us so many opportunities to give back – it’s time to take full advantage. 2019 is the year to volunteer and give back to the less fortunate. #GiveBackIn2019
Create Weekly To-Do Lists!
2019 is the year of staying on top of it! Let’s get and stay organized! A weekly to-do list is a perfect way to do this. Spend one day a week getting yourself prepared for upcoming events. You’ll do yourself a favor! #GetOrganized2019
Once a Month Write-Down All Accomplishments Made at Work!
It is important to take time to regularly reflect on your success made. You don’t have to make yourself a gold medal but think about how amazing it feels to cross up your to-do list with an extra large sharpie. Recognize your success and hone in on the next one. #Accomplishing2019
Words of Wisdom from Westside Natural Health
Health resolutions to increase productivity and energy:
– Increase daily activity/movement to improve mood, energy, and health
– Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep to increase with concentration and energy
– Eat more colorful fruits and vegetables to increase nutrients
– Center social activities around fitness or movement to create a community and create accountability
– Try a new fitness class or group event to have a new experience
– Drink water! Stay hydrated to improve brain function and skin health
– Detoxify your beauty and personal care products by choosing all natural products without dangerous chemical additives
– Shop local! Join a CSA or find a Farmer’s Market to eat local and seasonally available foods
To achieve and maintain success:
– Goal setting is all about visualizing what you want to achieve. However, just like when planning a road trip, you not only need to pick the destination but also set the route to get you there.
– This means you not only need to define your goals in measurable terms but also:
– Identify the fears you have about achieving your goals
– Predict the obstacles and challenges keeping you from success
– Outline how you can intervene to prevent these obstacles from occurring
– Often the most difficult part of goal setting is looking at the parts that are the most difficult and that parts that require skills that we feel we lack
– A new goal requires both energy and motivation and puts our brain in a sympathetic, or excited, nervous system state. This sympathetic nervous system state can elicit emotions like anxiety and overwhelm so our motivation to attempt and achieve the goal must be higher than the “NO” message our brain is sending us. How do we overcome that message?
Break the goal into small incremental goals
1. Elicit community or team support
2. Turn the goal into a habit by working towards it daily
3. Be VERY specific about what you are working to achieve and why you want to achieve it