Local Non-Profits Especially For The Holidays
There are more than 2 million 501c3 organizations across all US states and territories with total assets over $6 Trillion according to Tax Exempt World who has been providing information on millions of charities and nonprofit organizations since 2005. According to their records, Cuyahoga County has 14,573 nonprofit & 501C Organizations
According to 2017 TaxExemptWorld.com statistics.
Keep It Local Cleveland has 40 members that are in the nonprofit category and are among some of the best that are around! We are happy to showcase a few of them so that you can hear about some of the fantastic things that they are doing! Our non profits rock and you can check out a full list of them https://www.keepitlocalcleveland.com/local-non-profit/
This organization was developed to engage public support and provide services to enhance public use and enjoyment of Cuyahoga Valley National Park. They posted a wonderful summary of accomplishments for the 2017 year on their website including the following accomplishments:
- Over 76,000 park visitors connected with the Conservancy and learned about the park at our Trail Mix stores
- 9,324 children immersed themselves in nature at the Cuyahoga Valley Environmental Education Center, including 3,500 fourth-graders who participated in the national “Every Kid in a Park” initiative and 3,909 youth received donor-funded scholarships to attend programs
- Over 1,500 native trees were planted by 530 volunteers at Day of Service events
- At least 22 park trails benefited from TRAILS FOREVER dollars and the work of world-class trail crews and volunteers
- Total support for the new Boston Mills Visitor Center surpassed $5.8 million
- 7,600 visitors enjoyed live music in Ohio’s national park
They are the leading provider of greens to the greater Cleveland area including restaurants and grocery retailers. Green City Growers has a state-of-the-art, industry-certified hydroponic greenhouse in Cleveland situated on a 10-acre inner-city site —with 3.25 acres under glass that allows the produce to grow all year around. Since 2012, the Green City Growers’ greenhouse has been growing tastier produce, including lettuce, basil and other products especially for farm-to-table enthusiasts.
Ingenuity’s mission is to ignite the creative spark where the arts, science, and technology intersect. By animating Cleveland’s urban spaces with world-class, innovative experiences, Ingenuity provides a unique platform to explore the boundaries of art and technology.Every year they host the Ingenuity Festival!
Ingenuity Cleveland engages in the following activities:
- Hands On Technology Education
- Interactive and Multimedia Artistic Projects
- Inspiring and Unique Performances
- Talks and Forums that Bring Together Creatives from All Walks of Life
According to the organization’s website there have been 12 festivals that have produced the following stats
- 35,000 Attendees (Average)
- 90% are visiting Cleveland specifically for Ingenuity
- 75% of total rated the Festival as ‘8’, ‘9’, or ’10’
The 2017 Festival was help September 22-24, 2017. Don’t miss the annual festival in 2018!
Bike Cleveland builds livable communities by promoting all forms of cycling and advocating for the rights and equality of the cycling community.” Check out some of this organization’s accomplishments:
- Worked with Cuyahoga County Department of Sustainability to secure the funding needed to bring large scale bike share to Cleveland in 2016.
- Trained over 150 police officers from across Greater Cleveland on how to enforce laws to prevent bike crashes and save lives.
- Played a pivotal role in passing the 3 foot passing law in Cleveland.
- Helped bring covered, secure bike parking known locally as bike boxes to Cleveland.
- Successfully advocated for a design change to the Opportunity Corridor to better serve bikes and pedestrians; granting safe and easy access to the new road for the thousands of local residents without cars.
- Secured federal, state and foundation funding to implement a city-wide Safe Routes to School Travel Plan in partnership with the City of Cleveland and Cleveland Metropolitan School District.
If you bike in Cleveland get to know this organization that is just one of many of our members who are truly doing wonderful things around the city to help us make Cleveland a better place to live!